Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Huckleberry Friend

Since I was seventeen I have been positively obsessed with the movie Breakfast at Tiffany’s, I can remember the first time I watched it, curled up on my parents couch in the middle of the night. I watched it three times in a row. Six years later, I still go back to that movie, back to Tiffany’s anytime I’m caught having the “mean reds” or just needing a break from life. There’s been times when I’ve watched the movie dozens of times a week, several times in a row for months on end, I watch it when I’m homesick or missing someone, but mostly when I’ve been thinking too much.
The last time I saw my best friend she picked me up from the airport after a tearful goodbye and greeted me with bloody Mary’s and a copy of Breakfast at Tiffany’s, she knew it was exactly what I needed. We laid there on the couch with a pitcher of bloody Mary’s and settled in for the afternoon, she fell asleep bored out of her mind after the first viewing, but suffered through like a true friend, I felt like I was seventeen again, I felt at home. The next morning we went to breakfast at Tiffany & Co. It was one of the best gifts I have ever received. She gave me a memory that will last a lifetime; I will never forget my first breakfast at Tiffany’s.


“Two drifters, off to see the world There's such a lot of world to see We're after the same rainbow's end, waitin' 'round the bend My huckleberry friend, Moon River, and me.”
-Moon River
Cross my heart and kiss my elbow,
Love and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment