Thursday, April 7, 2011

Stay Beautiful


In one week I will be sworn in as a Peace Corps Volunteer! Where did the time go, I can’t believe I’ve been in Guyana for 2 months. I’ll admit that there were several days that felt like time couldn’t possibly crawl any slower. So many things have changed in 2 short months I can’t even imagine how much will change in the next two years. The other day I went for a walk with a friend and we were talking about how drastically different our lives are here in Guyana and in the Peace Corps. I was telling her that last summer the A/C went out in my car and I cried on my 20 min drive to work, because I was hot and sweating. Now 8 months later I ride a 15 passenger bus with 20 other people with no A/C for 40 minutes twice a day, there are times when I curse that damned bus ride and kiss the ground when I get out but it rarely has to do with the lack of air conditioning.

Cross my heart and kiss my elbow,
Love and peace

No comments:

Post a Comment